However, here in Iraq, time is now beginning to be of service to the American forces and harmful to the resistance for the following reasons:
1. By allowing the American forces to form the forces of the National Guard, to reinforce them and enable them to undertake military operations against the resistance.
2. By undertaking massive arrest operations, invading regions that have an impact on the resistance, and hence causing the resistance to lose many of its elements.
3. By undertaking a media campaign against the resistance resulting in weakening its influence inside the country and presenting its work as harmful to the population rather than being beneficial to the population.
4. By tightening the resistance's financial outlets, restricting its moral options and by confiscating its ammunition and weapons.
5. By creating a big division among the ranks of the resistance and jeopardizing its attack operations, it has weakened its influence and internal support of its elements, thus resulting in a decline of the resistance's assaults.
6. By allowing an increase in the number of countries and elements supporting the occupation or at least allowing to become neutral in their stand toward us in contrast to their previous stand or refusal of the occupation.
7. By taking advantage of the resistance's mistakes and magnifying them in order to misinform.
Based on the above points, it became necessary that these matters should be treated one by one:
1. To improve the image of the resistance in society, increase the number of supporters who are refusing occupation and show the clash of interest between society and the occupation and its collaborators. To use the media for spreading an effective and creative image of the resistance.
2. To assist some of the people of the resistance to infiltrate the ranks of the National Guard in order to spy on them for the purpose of weakening the ranks of the National Guard when necessary, and to be able to use their modern weapons.
3. To reorganize for recruiting new elements for the resistance.
4. To establish centers and factories to produce and manufacture and improve on weapons and to produce new ones.
5. To unify the ranks of the resistance, to prevent controversies and prejudice and to adhere to piety and follow the leadership.
6. To create division and strife between American and other countries and among the elements disagreeing with it.
7. To avoid mistakes that will blemish the image of the resistance and show it as the enemy of the nation. (emphasis mine)
Time apparently, is on the side of the Americans. This translated document would seem to support the "stay the course" position--particularly now with the momentum generated by Zarqawi's death--rather than the "cut and run" contingent.
You can easily see in the highlighted sentences how the international MSM and our very own surrender puppies in the Democratic Party fit neatly into the enemies strategic plan.
They must be very proud. John Kerry, who has some experience in dealing with the enemy should arrange to meet them somewhere to cut a deal. John Murtha should accompany Kerry to make sure that we surrender with a smile on our face.
***And, to those commenters who think I am being too hard on some of those poor Democrats who pander to the lunatic base of their party--quite frankly, I don't think it is possible to be too hard on treasonous scum who are prepared to give up our national interests to an enemy whose stated goal is our destruction. Disagree all you want with Bush or Rumsfeld and any particular strategy/tactic in the GWOT; but if you have no alternative plan other than to blame America for the muslim fanatics who want to forcibly spread their faith or die trying; or if you aren't even capable of realizing that we are at war with an implacable enemy--then you are beyond reason.