Friday, March 03, 2006

A VISIT TO SULEIMANIYA

Michael Totten continues his dispatches from Iraq, and has a heartwrenching post up about his visit to Suleimaniya in Kurdistan--including a visit to the genocide museum there that documents Saddam's vicious attempts to exterminate the Kurds. (hat tip: Mike in Colorado)

What especially got to me was this part:
The hardest thing to see was the cell used to hold children before they were murdered. My translator Alan read some of the messages carved into the wall.

“I was ten years old. But they changed my age to 18 for execution.”

"Dear Mom and Dad. I am going to be executed by the Baath. I will not see you again.”

10,725 people were killed in this one building alone. All died during torture. Formal execution actually took place in Abu Ghraib.


I cried when I looked at the pictures.

Remember Totten's report when you see the few media snippets of Saddam's trial and his defiant lack of remorse and posturing megalomania. Remember it, too, when you think of those pathetic creatures in our midst who are sympathetic to Saddam and other monsters like him--Ramsey Clark immediately comes to mind; as do most of the deluded members of the antiwar crowd who claim to be for "peace" and "justice", but whose behavior encourages those who gleefully promote the opposite.

UPDATE: Another pitiful old man, cut from the same cloth as Clark, speaks up in favor of tyrants. If you are not clear on why we have reached this point in history where all the murderous thugs and fanatics believe they can commit their atrocities with impunity, look no further for the answer than from the lips of this man, so revered by the left and the Democrats. I admit I used to think he was harmless, and that he even had a soul. I was wrong.

The Anchoress agrees with my character assessment.

No comments: