Monday, March 27, 2006

TRIBUTE

This video is a powerful tribute to our military men and women (hat tip: JAJ). I think it has been around for a while, but I never saw it before. Be sure to have your sound turned on when you watch it.

Meanwhile, The Anchoress has a link to 7:28 minutes of the reality of 9/11. It seems to me that many people would like to pretend that we were not attacked on that infamous day. Watch this video to remind youself of the horror.

On the sidebar of this blog, I have images of 9/11 because as I watched it unfold on TV that day, I resolved never to forget those who died; nor to forget the meaning of the attacks. In my home office I have a photo of NYC skyline with the WTC towers and the Statue of Liberty , torch raised, in the harbor between the two towers. Beneath the photo is a quote from Ayn Rand in The Fountainhead:

"When I see the city...I feel that if a war came to threaten this, I would like to throw myself into space, over the city, and protect these buildings with my body."

No comments: