Monday, March 06, 2006

Proverbs From Yesterday's Headlines

Everyone knows that psychiatrists always ask people to interpret proverbs, so as to get an idea of their ability to abstract. Here are a few for you to try, taken from yesterday's headlines:

Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.

Hoist by their own petard. (Technically, this is not a "proverb", but I thought I'd include it anyway since it was so appropriate)

If at first you don't succeed, try try again.

Don't change horses (or donkeys) in mid-scream stream.

Practice what you preach

Seeing is believing (or NOT believing in this case)

You can't judge a book by its cover

Turnabout is fair play

Birds of a feather flock together

You can't please everyone.

There is no fool like an old fool

Laughter is the best medicine (even if you don't get your social security)

Feel free to add your own proverbial links in the comments!

No comments: