Wednesday, February 09, 2005

BAD BUSINESS

Why would anyone work for a company that made a policy like this? From the company website we get:

Weyco Inc. is a non-smoking company that strongly supports its employees in living healthy lifestyles.

Hell, they don't just strongly support their employees living healthy lifestyles--they FORCE their employees to live healthy lifestyles. I wonder if they fire people who are HIV positive? Or have Hepatitis C? Or some other health risk? Maybe they will fire you if you have a strong family history of breast cancer; or heart disease? Maybe you would have to give up fast food--or your relatives?

I would never permit someone I worked for to tell me how I could live my life--especially my life outside of work. The slippery slope begins with the "best" of intentions. First- smoking (obviously for my own good); then maybe they won't keep you on because you put on a few pounds (not that I have, of course) or because you skydive or fly planes (too dangerous). I willing to bet that they'll keep you on if you're incompetent (it wouldn't be FAIR to discriminate against slackers).

In my humble opinion, it is just about the STUPIDEST business policy I have ever heard. You can bet that the potential pool of good employees available to this asinine company is going to rapidly shrink. Why? Because, if you're at all intelligent, you might begin to reflect on the logical next step for the idiots that run the company. YOUR lifestyle could be next.

BOYCOTT WEYCO! PEOPLE OF MICHIGAN UNITE! MAKE WEYCO WAY GONE!

The sooner these jerks go out of business, the better.

No comments: