Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Alone In The Universe - Apparently

Yesterday, I read the following stories:

Bush Support fading among Muslims (Beliefnet)

Bush Support fading among Jews (NJDC)

Bush Support fading among younger voters (Ann Arbor News - no link)

Older veterans not voting for Bush (CommonDreams.org)

Bush Losing Ground in Rural Areas (TalkLeft.com)

Bush Losing Ground with Hispanic Voters (The Deming Headlight)

Bush's Problems with Black Voters (CBS.com)

Single Women Voters May Turn the Tide Against Bush (ExpressIndia.com)

OMIGOD, OMIGOD! AM I THE ONLY PERSON IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE WHO SUPPORTS BUSH???? (hyperventilating, rapid heart rate, sweaty palms)
Then I found this , and felt much better. I guess all the people in the articles above aren't married.

3 comments:

K. Shoshana said...

Your not alone in the universe. As a Canadian, I don't have a dog in the race, but there are sure a lot of us north of the 48th parallel praying for a Bush Victory.

Dr. Sanity said...

Kateland--you'd never know that there are people out there that support Bush from the news sources!

OneSingleMom said...

Well - I AM an American, a SINGLE woman - divorced actually and ALSO a single MOM (by choice - and I defend any other woman's right to MAKE that choice).

I WILL BE VOTING FOR BUSH this November. I did not vote in 2000, I am not proud to say. I will not make that mistake again this time around - I have always voted before.

I may not agree with ALL of the Republican party's policy choices - but that's why it's my job to VOTE and make my voice heard. A single person (the President) does not make all this nation's policies, although I realize he (or she) does have some really powerful tools at hand (judicial appointments, the power of veto, etc...). But the President DOES have the power (and therefore must have the balls and brains) to make individual decisions about how to DEFEND our country.

Do I trust John Kerry to do that for me?? I DO NOT!!!