Thursday, May 25, 2006

TOWEL DAY

Today is Towel Day (hat tip: Rand Simberg)
You sass that hoopy Douglas Adams? Now there's a frood who knew where his towel was. You are invited to join your fellow hitchhikers in mourning the loss of the late great one. Join in on towel day to show your appreciation for the humor and insight that Douglas Adams brought to all our lives.

Go and find out why a towel is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitch hiker can have. And then mourn the great Douglas Adams, whose work I quoted just yesterday.

Adams was about the funniest writer I have ever had the pleasure to read. I still remember reading the first few pages of The Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy back in the early 1980's. I was on board a plane, flying to New York and I suspect that my fellow passengers thought I was having a psychotic fit, I was laughing so hard.

The memory of the first time stays with you forever.


Towel Day :: A tribute to Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

No comments: