Friday, October 17, 2008

I AM PAT THE DOCTOR

Joe isn't the only one who thinks that the government "spreading his wealth" around is a bad idea. Let's consider the "universal health care' concept for a moment.

Here is what happens in the real world when you absolve people of personal responsibility for their health care:
Hawaii is dropping the only state universal child health care program in the country just seven months after it launched.

Gov. Linda Lingle's administration cited budget shortfalls and other available health care options for eliminating funding for the program. A state official said families were dropping private coverage so their children would be eligible for the subsidized plan.

"People who were already able to afford health care began to stop paying for it so they could get it for free," said Dr. Kenny Fink, the administrator for Med-QUEST at the Department of Human Services. "I don't believe that was the intent of the program."


Hawaii is just the latest government entity to discover that many people are perfectly willing (especially when encouraged by the idea that "health care is a right") to let others pay, not only for their own health care, but their children's.

So, when Obama wants to take the money I make working hard for myself and my family away from me, I begin to wonder why I should be the one working hard; and why I would willingly want to be a slave to other people...which, of course what socialized medicine demands of the doctors who are forced to work in such a system.

Joe the plumber is definitely on to something that the American people need to understand.

No comments: