Time for the weekly insanity update, SPECIAL ELECTION 2006 EDITION ! And you know that means the insane, the bizarre, the ridiculous, and the completely absurd have been given carte blanche by both political parties (but mostly by the Democrats, I must admit!). The week before the election has been a week of sublime idiocy and egregious stupidity. If you want to remain sane, you can either scream or laugh!
Send all entries for next week's carnival to Dr. Sanity by 8 pm ET on Saturday for Sunday's Carnival. Only one post entry weekly per blogger, please. And you might read this before submitting an entry.
Thanks for all the submissions. I try to use as many as possible! Those that didn't fit into the election theme will be saved for next week. SO MANY INSANITIES! SO LITTLE TIME!!!
1. This explains a lot about politicians on both sides of the political fence...
2. Gratuitous plug for the Democrats in the Aeneid? Amazing!
3. A glimpse of the "full-employment plan" of the Democrats is leaked to bloggers...
4. Who is mean and who is downright nasty? You decide. Ahhh....Democrats.
5. Impeccable credentials for the Democrat's Ultimate Moral Authority: an "openly gay displaced Katrina victim of tri-racial descent who lost quintuplets in Iraq."
6. Planning in advance to cast blame; and blaming Republicans (always a safe bet)
7. But they've never worn the magic hat! Kerry smart! He's a bit Prufrockish perhaps; and some support those not quite as smart as him... basically, he's political kryptonite! A new political disease: Kerryism...Gee, I there's enough on this guy to do a Carnival of Insanities entirely devoted to him!).
6. It's hard to write email with crayons!
7. The terrorists know who they'd vote for!
8. Wait for the hysterical cries of fraud! fraud! fraud ! fraud!
9. Probably not the first, but the first who openly admits it anyway.
10. Firedog... puddle? The woes of a blogging political strategist of the left--just ask Kos.
11. Election Special Victims Units: The Dead; the NON-military;
12. November surprises: The NY Times' contradictory revelations! Guess it's not the "surprise" they thought it was... Is it him, or is there something wrong with this line of reasoning???
13. Well-timed bit of election propaganda ? Or how about this nicely timed hit piece? It was definitely naiive to believe the magazine had some integrity. Disunity 06 clearly trumps Unity 08.
14. Losing ground but gaining momentum? Well, it ain't over till it's over, even if the MSM has been explaining that it's already all over for the Republican for several months now.
15. Difficulty sealing the deal? A shift? A big shift? Or, are the Republicans doomed? Wishful thinking is a trait shared by both parties!
My take? You win some elections, you lose some. Reality still exists no matter how many people don't subscribe; and so, for that matter, does truth.
Carnival of the Insanities can also be found at The Truth Laid Bear's ÜberCarnival and at the BlogCarnival.
If you would like to Join the insanity, and add the Carnival of the Insanities button to your sidebar (clicking on it will always take you to the latest update of the Carnival), click on "Word of Blog" below the button to obtain the html code:
Heard the Word of Blog?
Post a Comment