Saturday, September 17, 2005

Don't Let It Be

I read today that Paul McCartney is going to re-record some of the old Beatles songs. I wish him well. I thought I'd rewrite one.

When our nation finds itself trouble, Pelosi whines hysterically,
crying that it's our fault, let it be.
And in our hour of darkness Dean is standing before you and me,
screaming that it's our fault, let it be.

Let it be, let it be, let it be, let it be.
The Democrats just scream hysterically-y-y.

When all the poor and hopeless people living in the world agree,
it's time to stand up and oppose all tyranny.
For though they are oppressed, there is still a chance that they could be free,
But Moveon wants appeasement: let it be.

Let it be, let it be, let it be.....Let's bash Bush instead, says Kennedy.

And when the night descends upon us, and we need a light to see,
Michael Moore will holler, let it be.
He'd rather be in darkness and pretend that it is just PC
But Zarqawi doesn't plan to let him be.

I wake up to the sound of music, mother Sheehan comes to me,
screeching foolish slogans, let it be.

Let it be, let it be, .....

LET'S NOT LET IT BE, SHALL WE?

No comments: