Thursday, October 13, 2005

Today Is Not One Of Those Days

Sometimes I feel very uninspired, and this week seems to be one of those times. I have been reflecting a lot lately on how taxing it is to constantly strive to be creative and have something original to say. Most pundits have an entire week to develop their brilliance. Blogging requires you to produce something daily -- or at least pretty regularly if you want to be taken seriously.

Of course, this is all a self-imposed burden. But writing is only half of it! Keeping up with reading everything that everyone has to say is sometimes so overwhelming that I confess that I sometimes skip a day or two in the reading department. And there are so many pieces I read that make me wish I could write as well as this or that author.

And then, deciding what to write about! There is so much out there; and yet it is often incredibly repetitive. Sometimes I fear I'm beginning to sound like a broken record.

Narcissism! Paranoia! Media bias! Iraq! Enabling terrorism! Sociopathic Islamists! Bush hatred! Hysteria! Sometimes it is hard to find anything new to say about the same old things that I confront in the media and blogsphere every day. It is also hard to maintain a high level of outrage at all the craziness. Sometimes it makes me want to laugh; and it inspires me to be flippant and unserious and even...gasp!...sarcastic and silly.

And then there are days when the words flow and I can hardly type fast enough to keep up with the thoughts. Those days make it all worth it.

But today is not one of those days.

So I'm going to get my husband to take me out to dinner and spend some quality time with him and the Boo; catch up on a few projects and maybe even read a book.

After all, tomorrow is another day!

No comments: