A. Because all the 527 organizations that support Kerry are funded by Democrats!
Let's take a look, shall we? (link: Blogs for Bush)
On the Republican Side:
- Bob Perry, who has given to given to multiple Republican causes and campaigns (including campaigns for Bush), is the Swift Boat Vet's largest donor, contributing $100,000.
One Hundred Thousand... Big deal.
On The Democratic Side:
Looking at the top forty-nine 527 organizations, we find
- The Joint Victory Campaign. The sole purpose of this organization is to raise funds for the number two ranked Media Fund and number three ranked America Coming Together. Both organizations are dedicated to defeating George Bush. This organization sports no less than thirty-three individuals who have given more money than Bob Perry, twelve who have given at least one million dollars, with the largest contributor shelling out $7.75 million. George Soros has given more than $4.5 million to this organization.
- The Media Fund. This "Anybody but Bush" group has put together and paid for multiple TV ads that play in the battle-ground states. They are funded to the tune of over $28 million, almost half of which comes from the number one ranked Joint Victory Campaign. More than $5.5 million has come from employee unions.
- America Coming Together. Also against Bush, also helped by the Joint Victory Campaign, also a baby of George Soros ($5 million) and Peter Lewis (almost $3 million).
#4 & #5: The Service Employees International Union and the American Federationn of State/County/Municiple Employees More than $16 and $13 million respectively. Both are unions and hence partisan Democratic fronts.
- Those are just the first five of the forty-nine. More staggering is when we step back and look at the forest, not the trees. Of the top forty-nine 527 organizations:
-Forty one (84%) are supported by Democrats and push Democrat causes.
-Only five are supported by Republicans and push Republican causes.
-Three are issue or industry oriented (like Peter Lewis' Marijuana Policy Project).
-The Democrat funding totals $176 million compared to the Republican funding of$10.8 million.
By Kerry's measure, each of the organizations that support Democrat causes are Democratic Front groups, doing the dirty work that Kerry is too cowardly to do.
These 527 groups are one of the unintended consequences of the McCain-Feingold campaign finance reform bill. Rather than improve the campaign financing situation in this country, this bill has created monsters in deadly combat with each other, pouring huge amounts of money into the campaign pot and battling for the public's attention (see graphic below).