Monday, January 19, 2009

THE MAN FROM SOUTH CHICAGO

(sung to the tune of "The Girl from Ipanema")

Tall and tan and glib and godlike
The man from south Chicago is worshipped
And as His crowning approaches, the left goes - ahhhhh.

When He talks, its just so lovely
You're never sure just what He's saying
But every time He says it, each one He talks to goes - oohhhh

(ooh) But we watch Him so hopeful
How can we tell him we love Him?
The press gives its heart gladly
But each day, as He follows his bliss,
He looks straight ahead, not at Chris..:-(

Tall, (and) tan, (and) glib, (and) godlike
The man from south Chicago is worshipped
And when He's crowned Messiah
The planet will heal...it's such a great deal!


**Note: Just so everyone understands, just because I mock Obama (and I plan to continue to mock him and his ego mercilessly), doesn't mean I do not wish him well as President of this great country. I do not support most of his policies--either domestic or foreign--nor do I think they will work or have any effect except to make things worse all around. But I do not hate or despise him. Frankly, I look forward to the next election and getting him out of office.

We are all Americans, after all; and I love this country and all it stands for. If we can survive a President Jimmy Carter, then I suspect we will survive a President Barack Obama,; and, since he is essentially a blank slate, I can perhaps reasonably hope that he is not as ideologically left as his rhetoric would indicate; and that now that he is actually in charge of things and will be held responsible for the consequences of his rhetoric, he may gain some real wisdom.

Too many on the political left (and not a few on the political right) are completely out of touch with the real world. Whoever is President of the U.S. cannot ever be, otherwise he places all of us at risk. I was particularly struck by these words, said by President Bush in his last address to the nation:
This evening, my thoughts return to the first night I addressed you from this house – September 11, 2001...

As the years passed, most Americans were able to return to life much as it had been before Nine-Eleven. But I never did. Every morning, I received a briefing on the threats to our Nation. And I vowed to do everything in my power to keep us safe.


Well, now Barack Obama will be similarly burdened by the realities of being President of the free world. I suspect he will not be able to go back to the easy and glib (and counterproductive, I might add) morally relativistic and bankrupt politicies the political left demands of him.

At least, I hope not. And that is all the hope I will entertain at the moment.

No comments: