Sunday, July 30, 2006

A REMINDER ABOUT THE CARNIVAL OF THE INSANITIES

I am very grateful to all my readers and for other bloggers for making the Carnival of the Insanities a popular destination every Sunday. It has grown beyond my wildest imaginings. That means that it has actually become a lot of work each week. I now routinely get 30 - 40 submissions in addition to the various links I collect during the week.

This is good! This is great! But it means that sometimes a particular submission doesn't "fit" well into the Carnival for that week. I don't always have a theme, but I try to put similar topics together--or else just free associate as I organize them. That results in some getting left out because I try to keep the Carnival down to a manageable number of links each week.

I am particularly partial to any submissions that:
(1) come in early in the week and not on Saturday night, when I have pretty much orgranized that Sunday's list;
(2) have a funny, ironic, or really crazy aspect to them
(3) are not too obscene
(4) have an amusing twist to them (amusing to me, at least)
(5) are completely unfair and/or unbalanced in some manner

I don't care for submissions that:
(1) are mean-spirited or vile (unless they happen to be my own posts)
(2) aren't at all amusing in any way, shape, or form that I can see
(3) cover a topic that has already been beaten to death in previous Carnival of the Insanities or in the news media in recent weeks.

So, what I'm trying to say in a roundabout way is that I appreciate your submissions and will continue to try to use as many as possible each week; but please don't be offended if one of your submissions don't make it into the Carnival.

The deadline is listed as Saturday at 8 PM, but the earlier you send in a post, the better; and it has a better chance to be included for that week.

Thanks again for all the interest, and keep sending those insanities my way!

***************************************************
If you would like to Join the insanity, and add the Carnival of the Insanities button to your sidebar (clicking on it will always take you to the latest update of the Carnival), click on "Word of Blog" below the button to obtain the html code:


Heard the Word of Blog?

No comments: