Friday, July 07, 2006

A DAY OFF FROM ALL THE INSANITY

Generally I am a pretty upbeat and optimistic person, but this morning I am in a very very foul mood (hormones cannot be ruled out entirely...). And, as I read most of the news stories and blogs that foul mood only intensified and became more focused.

Then, I happened to glance outside the window in my den and noticed that it was an incredibly lovely day, bright and clear and sunny. Not too warm; not too cool. I watched my cat, Pumpkin, chasing a squirrel; then abruptly cease her pursuit; and begin to roll around in the grass in complete ecstasy.

It made me laugh.

I'm going to take a day off from all the insanity and just enjoy myself. I think I'll do a little gardening and then maybe I'll go shopping for something I don't need; and then I think I'll sit out on the patio and read some completely frivolous book about heroes and villains....ahhhhhhh. I'm starting to feel better just thinking about it.

A person's got to keep a sense of perspective in this crazy world--especially if they don't want to get sucked up into the wierd.

I'm going to (metaphorically speaking...for the most part anyway!) roll around in the nice soft grass for a while. Enjoy the day.

No comments: