[Click on the image for yet another outrageous insanity...or, is it progressive art?]
Time for the weekly insanity update, where the insane, the bizarre, the ridiculous, and the completely absurd are highlighted for all to see! This has been a week of rare idiocy (as always!). So, if you want to remain sane, the best thing is to poke some fun at the more egregious absurdities.
Send all entries for next week's carnival to Dr. Sanity by 8 pm ET on Saturday for Sunday's Carnival. Only one post entry weekly per blogger, please. And you might read this before submitting an entry
**NOTE: I am now getting many more submissions than I can possibly include in the weekly Carnival. Please don't be offended if your submission is not used (oh, okay, be as offended as you like) as it only means that for a variety of reasons I wasn't able to fit it into the "flow" as I put together each Carnival.
REMEMBER, THERE ARE SO MANY INSANITIES AND SO LITTLE TIME!!!
1. The "patriarchal heteronormative"? As opposed to what? Matriarchal homodeviance? multicultured fascist paranoia? But in progressive art, religion is far too controversial to be depicted. So much for creative expression.
2. At least those matriarchs are raising the next generation of Jimmy Carters. He's the man who invented one-party peace talks. Look up his definition in the dictionary. He's on his "No Terrorist Left Behind" tour.
3. I think OBL would donate to their cause. He's got millions. For a country that doesn't have any to begin with, they sure kill a lot.
4. A "lack of socially responsible programming"....oh, boy. What will they do with South Park?
5. He's a twoofor! A fine portrait of a natural born boozer? Portrait of a champ versus a chump.
6. A Republican comedian! Who knew? Now McCain comes under fire for his "bitter" comments.
7. Guns and God? Hell yes. Butsome people are just snobs! Just a little warning for the Democratic Presidential rivals.... STOEP it now, before it's too late! I'm more worried though about the kind of President he would make.
8. Did ya hear the one about the con artist running for President? He's going to the Big [white] House. Advice for explaining association with unrepentant terrorists.
9. Al Franken is a big, fat corporate tax deadbeat. Sounds like a good book!
10. He's only doin' what comes naturally...and so is the media; or, doesn't character count at all? F'em! An endorsement from hell.
11. What breasts! What thighs! And he ain't talkin' bout KFC.
12. The evolution of man and woman. Men just can't stomach the facts! Sex and visual aggression.
13. The TV tag lines of yesteryear.
14. For some it would be helpful if this surgical procedure came with a new brain....ummmm maybe this would help the lawyers? Not-so-noble savages after all.
15. The next time one of those bitter common "people" complain to you about the cost of a loaf of bread or a dozen eggs, lay this on them! Every market disaster can be blamed on chemicals!
16. The bottom of the absurdity well. The absolute rock bottom. Could this be the beginning of an infinite regression: liveblogging the live bloggers, blogging the debate live?
17. Poets may disagree about April, but April is a month for patriots.
18. Sometimes "do whatever the f*** you want" doesn't mean what you think.
19. Sports fans don't have a sense of humor...especially when they order sports merchandise, I guess.
Carnival of the Insanities can also be found at The Truth Laid Bear's ÜberCarnival and at the BlogCarnival.
If you would like to Join the insanity, and add the Carnival of the Insanities button to your sidebar (clicking on it will always take you to the latest update of the Carnival), click on "Word of Blog" below the button to obtain the html code:
Heard the Word of Blog?
Post a Comment