Monday, May 16, 2005

Thank You Very Much, Mr. Lucas

Ace has a bad feeling about the new Star Wars movie, The Revenge of the Sith, and George Lucas's attempt to inject some local issues into a galaxy far, far away.

I'm not too hopeful that I'll like it, but I'm seeing the movie anyway this Friday with the Boo. To me it has always been a story about good and evil, and I'll decide--thank you very much, Mr. Lucas--what is the good and what is the evil.

The entire prequel trilogy has some serious flaws as far as I'm concerned--not the least of which from my perspective is that I couldn't care less about Anakin Skywalker and his descent into evil.

Now I read that Lucas is possibly thinking that this movie WON'T be the last one. This only supports the idea that real evil will persist long beyond its time.

But, maybe Lucas can collaborate with Michael Moore on the next one. I understand that Moore has some experience in doing fantasy.

UPDATE: The Vodkapundit has some simple requirements for Revenge of the Sith: just don't suck.

No comments: