Tuesday, May 24, 2005

A Prayer For Zarqawi

Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray the Lord your soul to keep;
And if He keeps it very well,
It's sure to find its way to hell.

I pray you get what you deserve,
I pray you get what I desire;
And with God's grace you'll keep your nerve
As you approach eternal fire.

But if you don't, it's no surprise--
A coward never lives his lies.
You've sent so many to the Lord,
It's only fair you face His sword.

And as I close my eyes tonight,
To contemplate eternal night;
I'd pray for you, I really would,
If only I could see some good.

May God have mercy on your soul;
And may all who suffered at your hand
Be waiting there to greet you
When you reach the Promised Land

May they show you mercy,
Of the type that you have shown;
And with caring and compassion
May you reap what you have sown.

Now I face the setting sun,
And dry-eyed, lay me down to sleep;
I know that when you're dead and gone
Some will cheer-- but none shall weep.

(Reuters article here)

No comments: