Time for the weekly insanity udate, where the insane, the bizarre, the ridiculous, and the completely absurd are highlighted for all to see! This has been a week of rare idiocy (as always!). Calling all bloggers! Be sure to send in your entries to the Carnival, which will be posted every Sunday. Entries need to be in by 8 pm on Saturday to make their way into the list that week.
1. Video games increasing IQ? This is information I plan to keep from my daughter as long as possible! OTOH, maybe at least the former is not all it's cracked up to be (hat tip: Sense of Soot)
2. Some of the disadvanatages of pissing off America. (keep scrolling down--I especially like the last one!)
3. Someone should mention that "free scientific inquiry" is not the same as "censored" scientific inquiry.
4. Whoops! Sorry, wrong number!
5. Who knew that there even were papal trading cards?
6. Little girls before and after the Islamic revolution of Iran (hat tip: Beautiful Atrocities). The Mullahs call this "progress."
7. Damned if you do; damned if you don't - the new criteria for public office.
8. This cat is for real. Scary, actually.
9. I refuse to live in a universe without them! I don't care what Orson Scott Card says. (Example of how empty our culture would be without the series here)
10. There should be a version of this for the pajama-clad bloggers....
11. Ace is on a roll.. gob-smacking vileness AND Whore College? (Make sure you see the quote at the bottom of the second link--it's hilarious.
12. How terribly, terribly sad. Did I mention that it was sad?
13. I'm pretty sure my future self attended, even if I missed it.
14. A "desperate housewife" who clearly loves the subject of her humor VS a desperate comedian pandering to a desperate candidate who only loves himself. You decide which one was funnier.
15. Now, just imagine if they'd used chocolate in the experiment!
16. Seems to me that if they have to keep emphasizing they are "reality-based", then maybe they aren't? You know, sort of like "I am not a crook".
17. We're sooooo baaaaad! As Jayson at Polipundit comments, "This could explain quite a bit."