Monday, January 03, 2005

I'm Not Making This Up: Dave Barry Says He's Done !

This is really bad news!

Popular humorist Dave Barry said Sunday's column for The Miami Herald was his last - maybe. Barry, who has written humor columns for three decades, including 22 years at the Herald, says he's holding out the possibility of a return.
But for now, he says, "I want to stop before I join the horde of people who think I used to be funnier. And I want to work on some other stuff."
Barry says he will write occasional pieces, weighing in "from time to time if something really important happens, such as a cow exploding in a boat toilet."
In the column, Barry thanks his editors and readers.
"You've given me the most wonderful career an English major could hope to have," he writes. "I am very grateful. And I'm not making that up."


Why can't those incredibly AWFUL columnists give it up (like MoDo)?? Why does it have to be Dave??

No comments: