***This week the Carnival's focus is on the innumerable insanities that sprouted up all over the blogsphere in response to the well-earned, richly deserved death of Al Qaeda's own Prince of Operations -- Musab al-Zarqawi.
It was actually this obnoxious op-ed piece that inspired me to dedicate this week's Carnival to exhibiting some some completely unrestrained JOY and intolerant mocking to celebrate the occasion. While it is certainly an example of "gung-ho" coverage, with an excess of "marked enthusiasm, verging on inappropriate glee"; what the hey! It's passionate, and the left certainly should be able to appreciate that!
If you sent in a link on a different subject, I will try to use them in the next Carnival.
Send all entries for next week's carnival to Dr. Sanity by 8 pm ET on Saturday for Sunday's Carnival. Only one post entry weekly per blogger, please. Thanks for all the submissions. I try to use as many as possible! SO MANY INSANITIES! SO LITTLE TIME!!!
1. A dramatic comedown. I'd say so.
2. The press suspect "foul" play . I think it was clearly a "strike". He's out anyway.
3. Wow, it really is all about the oil !!
4. Iraqi "minutemen" have lost a dear leader.
5. Reaction of the confused and always compassionate: ""I woke up this morning and learned my country had dropped a bomb on someone's head...."
6. Reaction of fellow thugs and psychopaths.
7. Sports announcers give a play by play !
8. A victim of Bush tax cuts?
9. "You think I didn't see this martyrdom goatshit coming?" Guest blogger commentary.
10. The exclusive interview!
11. Rumors of his death were pretty accurate as it turns out!
12. Rest in Pig. Rot in Hell. Whichever.
13. His death is sorta good, but, but, but, but, but, but....
14. It's a win win win win situation !
15. Some question the timing. I think it was perfect.
16. Satan and Zarqawi sittin' in a tree....
17. Forget Zarqawi, here's the really BIG news.
18. Personally, I think it would be unethical not to celebrate.
19. If there is a terrorist heaven....
20. Trouble in Paradise ! Virgins? What virgins?
21. Praise the Lord, pass the ammunition, and lob over the porn …
22. Zarqawi - dumber than
23. Smoked and Eliminated.
24. This is THE END (a remix)
Carnival of the Insanities can also be found at The Truth Laid Bear's ÜberCarnival and at the BlogCarnival.
If you would like to Join the insanity, and add the Carnival of the Insanities button to your sidebar (clicking on it will always take you to the latest update of the Carnival), click on "Word of Blog" below the button to obtain the html code:
Heard the Word of Blog?