Thursday, March 30, 2006

OUT OF FOCUS

Sometimes I hate blogging. Most of the time everything comes fairly naturally and the ideas floating around stimulate me to write and the words just flow from my brain onto the blog.

Other days, I am preoccupied with things outside the bounds of the blogsphere; or simply irritated at everything I read in the news; and I want to close up my laptop and never open it again.

This is especially true when the nastiness in my inbox overwhelms my fundamentally optimistic nature and general goodwill. Of course I appreciate all the positive emails I get(and I consider any that don't call me names "positive"), but on days like today, that kind of perspective doesn't amount to much.

In almost two years of blogging, I have only missed one day when I didn't post anything. Is that compulsive, or what?

I wonder if people realize how terribly difficult it is to be creative, original, articulate, and incredibly damn brilliant every single friggen day?

I could go on like this for a while, since I am frustrated, irritable, annoyed, and fuzzy (and my estrogen level is just fine, thank you very much). But,enough of this whining and feeling sorry for myself!

I know for a fact that if I go off and read some great fiction for a while, things will slowly come back into focus; my energy and enthusiasm will magically reappear, and I'll be back to my normally wonderful self.

Later. Tomorrow maybe.

No comments: