Time for the weekly insanity udate, where the insane, the bizarre, the ridiculous, and the completely absurd are highlighted for all to see! This has been a week of rare idiocy. Be sure to send in your entries to the Carnival, which will be posted every Sunday. Entries need to be in by 8 pm on Saturday to make their way into the list that week.
1. Vatican Shocker!
2. Here's one reason to really like the new Pope. And here's another.
3. Bill Gates, Muslim imposter? Google insanities.
4. Top 10 Reasons why Saudi women can't vote.
5. #4 above is funny. This is not.
6. Israeli dogs detained. I had a dog once who was much smarter than the police in this story.
7. Soon to be published: Ward Churchill for Dummies. Or was it Dummies for Ward Churchill? I forget.
8. A disease that kills journalistic integrity? It must be an epidemic. And here. And here.
9. This cell phone craze has really gone too far!
10. Would the term "poetic justice" have an application here?
11. Government pork. The real thing.
12. The elephant in the room...er..city.
13. News stories passing like ships in the night.
14. Cue the Imperial theme music.
15. A most ingenious paradox.
16. His ontology, his telos, his raison d’etre, his essential nature has been taken away....
17. More trashing of subordinates.
18. Overreacting? Ya think?
19. Guaranteed not to offend anyone, and therefore meaningless.