Monday, January 05, 2009

HOW HARRY REID SAVED THE WAR IN IRAQ

Unbelievable:
The Senate Majority Leader certainly has audacity. This is from Meet the Press yesterday:

MR. GREGORY: Let me ask you about the war in Iraq. In April of 2007, this is what you said: "I believe myself that ... this war is lost and the surge is not accomplishing anything." Were you wrong?

SEN. REID: David, I first met General David Petraeus in Iraq. He was training the Iraqi forces at that time. At that time, he knew it wasn't working. After he became the commander in Iraq, he and I sat down and talked. He said to me, and he said within the sound of everyone's voice, "The war cannot be won militarily." I said it differently than he did. But it needed a change in direction. Petraeus brought that about. He brought it about—the surge helped, of course it helped. But in addition to that, the urging of me and other people in Congress and the country dictated a change, and that took place. So...


Those of you without the memory block commonly referred to in psychiatric circles as "denial" will remember Harry's famous April, 2007 paeon to victory: "The Iraq War is lost. The U.S. can't win." :



Reid was referring, I suppose to a "higher truth"; a "deeper reality"--the kind that exists in one's dreams and fantasies. This is how history is manipulated and how postmodern rhetoric rules in Democratic political circles today. When their postmodern demagogue takes office in a few short weeks, I'm sure we'll hear much more distortion of history and soon, amazingly, it will be the Democrats who all along just knew we could win in Iraq!

Aren't you excited? I predict that Oliver Stone or Michael Moore will direct a 'historical' movie about what pivotal and courageous roles Harry, Nancy and Barack had in the U.S. victory with Sean Penn, Susan Sarandon, and Danny Glover in the lead roles; set to music by Annie Lennox.

No comments: