Wednesday, August 17, 2005

How To Get Depressed in One Easy Lesson

Soldiers in Iraq certainly understand how a person could get depressed. Yes, they do:

Mark Finkelstein over at Newsbusters reported this morning that Matt Lauer got a surprise answer from a soldier on a recent trip to Iraq. After asking about morale, a few soldiers told him that morale was good. Like any good morning TV show journalist, Lauer was skeptical:

LAUER: Don't get me wrong, I think you're probably telling the truth, but there might be a lot of people at home wondering how that might be possible with the conditions you're facing and with the insurgent attacks you're facing... What would you say to people who doubt that morale could be that high?

CAPTAIN SHERMAN POWELL: Well sir, I'd tell you, if I got my news from the newspapers I'd be pretty depressed as well.


Thank goodness I have had access to blogs like this and this (and many others) that can provide a balanced and objective perspective.

No comments: