Friday, September 17, 2004

Iraqi Bloggers

In many posts I have recommended to readers that they check out Iraqi bloggers to get a better appreciation of what is going on in Iraq. My favorite is Iraq the Model, to which I have a link on my sidepanel. But today, Allah has links to all the Iraqi bloggers and again, I urge you to check them out. You will see a perspective that NEVER seems to make it to the mainstream media of this country. While Leftist pundits are whining about "quagmires" and using their 20-20 hindsight to gravely intone about the problems, Omar, Mohammed, Ali and the other bloggers are actually there IN IRAQ, living their lives and are able to stop the ridiculous spin that the media and political hacks insist are the real stories and situation from their country. If anyone speaks for the Iraqi people, it is these guys.


2 comments:

Dr. Sanity said...

OK, DOW-
Let me try once more to explain my position, then if you don't agree with it we can just agree to disagree.

I am a Libertarian, not an anarchist. I do believe that there are good reasons for government and one of them is for the common defense. I think that terrorism and the support of terrorist networks is THE most essential issue of our day, and I agree with President Bush's position that preemptive action is the way to go in dealing with this heretofor unheard of threat that exists. I think Iraq had WMD and I am concerned where they have gone. I agree with the "axis of evil" concept and that Iraq, as the weakest link in that axis was the logical first tactical step toward the strategy of stabilizing the entire region that is the genesis of Islamofascist terrorism. In general, I completely agree that the less government, the better off we all are, and in social programs (like medicare) as well as in things like gay marriage and abortion, I do not support Bush particularly. But, you know what? I DON'T CARE ABOUT THESE PROGRAMS BECAUSE HISTORICALLY ATTITUDES WILL EVOLVE AND THEY WILL BECOME NON-ISSUES. Let me emphasize--the only issue I care about right now, for myself, for my family, for my country is to protect us from the insanity of Islamofascist terrorism. John Kerry not only would increase government spending far in excess of what Bush could only dream of, he would also be a complete disaster for the security of this country.

Before this election I have voted (with the exception of Ronald Reagan in the 80's) for every Libertarian presidential candidate that was presented. This election, I do not feel I have the luxury of wasting my vote. You are free to do so if you wish.

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you Roundguy. Reading these Iraqi bloggers make you realize what a force for GOOD the U.S. has been and how important it is to stick it out in Iraq and help them toward democracy.