Tuesday, September 14, 2004

CBS = Media Joke

Betsy from Betsy's Page imagines the following dialog during a press conference:

GW Bush: "We found WMD in Iraq. All of our critics have been completely discredited"
Media: Can we see them?
GW - No. you'll just have to take my word for it. We have experts to prove their authenticity.
Media: Can we talk to the experts? Can we interview the people who found the weapons?
GW: NO. And the mere fact that you are asking these questions proves that you are partisan rumor mongers. End of story. Case closed.

I wonder if the Left will start referring to Dan Rather as Hitler? Probably not, but consider this: a major media outlet that follows a political agenda; determines what is "best" for its viewers to know; and feels itself above the need to answer questions about its stories, motives and facts, is not much better than the old Soviet propaganda outlets Pravda (meaning "truth") and Izvestia (meaning "news").

And, as with those two Russian media giants - where the joke in Russia was that there was very little "truth" in Pravda; and no "news" in Izvestia - soon that's all CBS will be: a joke.

1 comment:

Dr. Sanity said...

As a Libertarian I believe that the one true function of government is defense. Thus, I prefer Bush's foreign policy which I believe is the only way to deal with Terrorism. I regard Terrorism as THE most important issue of our time and wll vote accordingly.

Also, my site administrator is instructed to eliminate all posts that go beyond the point of reasonable discussion and use abusive language. I don't mind your disagreeing with me, but keep it clean.