Monday, July 06, 2009

MAGICAL ROSE GARDENS vs THE BLOOMS OUTSIDE YOUR WINDOW

One of the most tragic things I know about human nature is that all of us tend to put off living. We are all dreaming of some magical rose garden over the horizon instead of enjoying the roses that are blooming outside our windows today. -Dale Carnegie

Truths and roses both have thorns about them. -Henry David Thoreau
-----------------

Well, folks, it's been a good run, but I'm ready to call it quits for an extended period. Blogging just isn't all that fun anymore, and definitely not worth the time and effort that is needed to post regularly--and that doesn't even factor in all the hate mail, the trolls, and the generalized sociopathy that runs rampant in the blogsphere these days.

Of course, in addition to the hate mail, I also get the other kind, and I know that a lot of you have found sustenance to battle the growing insanity by coming here. For that, I am grateful and thank you all very much. I'm sorry I haven't been able to respond to all the positive emails that I get that have kept me going for these five years.

There are many fine bloggers out there and more than enough to counter the craziness that seems to have descended on the great country of ours. I am not ruling out returning to blogging someday--or even blogging with others; but right now, with so much going on in my life, I just don't have the time to blog on a daily basis and keep it fresh and interesting. When--if--I return to blogging, expect to see Dr. Sanity in a different format. Hope and change and all that jazz.

And, speaking of hopenchange, it is sad to realize that many things happening in our nation and around the world right now are beyond any psychopathology that I could have imagined a few years ago (and I could imagine a lot).

At any rate, now seems to be the time to focus on family and friends; and do what is really essential to preserve life, liberty and happiness. I will be relocating to California in the near future to be closer to family; and I also plan on working on several projects which have been sorely neglected since I took up blogging. After that, who knows?

So, goodbye for now...and I'll leave you with some pictures from my rose garden, a place that never fails to soothe and stimulate my senses and keep things in perspective for me....


MISTER LINCOLN


CHERRRY PARFAIT


STRIKE IT RICH


MICHAELANGELO


POPE JOHN PAUL

No comments: