Wednesday, March 23, 2011

"WHAT ON EARTH IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE?"

Indeed:
BERKELEY, Ill. — Safoorah Khan had taught middle school math for only nine months in this tiny Chicago suburb when she made an unusual request. She wanted three weeks off for a pilgrimage to Mecca.

The school district, faced with losing its only math lab instructor during the critical end-of-semester marking period, said no. Khan, a devout Muslim, resigned and made the trip anyway.

Justice Department lawyers examined the same set of facts and reached a different conclusion: that the school district’s decision amounted to outright discrimination against Khan. They filed an unusual lawsuit, accusing the district of violating her civil rights by forcing her to choose between her job and her faith.


No, Jonah, they are not kidding. This is the new, improved idiocy of PC, Obama style. In fact, I think I'll be heading out for a pilgrimage to Rome shortly because I have a strong need to meet with Pope Benedict about some issues. I'm sure that the VA Hospital where I work will appreciate that I don't want to have to choose between my job and my faith....

No comments: